Monday, June 06, 2005

Lutheran wow....

Before I get into the next post I wanted to say thanks to the comments on the last one. Mark brought up a really good point that got me thinking about how some guys will settle for open relationships in order to keep their partner. Also thanks to Kiksta, he wrote me an e-mail and wasn't upset about me saying what I wanted to say. On a side note I thought it might be interesting how they make it look like Brian (I think that is his name) might have AIDS/HIV from that fooling around. How ironic is that?

Ok now on to the post....

I grew up in the Lutheran church. When I tell people this and tell them how liberal they are towards gay people I get funny looks. Most can't believe that a Lutheran church would welcome gay people. Even in the 80's growing up at this church there was a openly gay couple that attended services every week and I can't think of anybody who didn't welcome that couple like anybody else. Well to them I say "HA!! I told you!" ;)

Taken from mesouthern's blog and 365gay.com...

Wisconsin Lutherans Oppose Gay Marriage Amendment
May 16, 2005

(Madison, Wisconsin) Opposition is growing to a proposed amendment to the Wisconsin Constitution that would ban same-sex marriage.
Now, one of the state's biggest churches is speaking out against the measure which would not only bar gays and lesbians from marrying but also prohibit civil unions.
The South-Central Wisconsin Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has voted to oppose the amendment.
The Synod includes 13 counties and 150 congregations....