Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What do you all think of....?

... pride stickers on cars? Is this a way to really show pride? Or is it more to advertise that you are gay and might be looking? Maybe it's to catch that glimpse you may get from another homosexual and hope you get flirted with? Maybe it's none of the above?

I have an HRC sticker on my car to show support for that organization, not really to say that I'm gay. I actually got the sticker when the HRC was holding a really cool concert called Equality Rocks, and they had a ton of famous people there to show support. Some of the names were Garth Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres, Melissa Etheridge, Anne Heche, George Michael, Rufus Wainwright, Kristen Johnston, Chaka Khan, Nathan Lane, k.d. lang, Queen Latifah, Kathy Najimy, Albita, Pet Shop Boys .... you get the idea. It was one amazing concert. And ofcourse after a concert like that I felt good enough to support the message the concert/organization gave at the time.


Anyways, I'm trying to understand why someone would put not one (I can understand maybe one) but a ton of gay stickers on there car. Are they extra gay? Do they support way to many things? Or do they really want to stick out of the crowd to let everyone know they are gay? Maybe they want extra stares?

What do you all think about it? Is there no reason why people would load up their cars with stickers?