Friday, January 14, 2005

Ghosts & Boys of Summer

So lets try this again. I typed a nice long post and blogger decided it was gonna not save it.

Anyways, the other night I didn't get much sleep. I kept on having a reoccuring nightmare dealing with ghosts. They were in my friends house and we were trying to get rid of them. They weren't of the casper kind either. We tried just about everything, and I would keep waking up from it. Then go back to sleep and have the same situation over and over again. This must have happened about 8 times before I finually decided to say fuck it and get up for work. The last time my friend Maria threw herself out a window trying to take the ghost with her so that we could just get the fucker out of the house.

So today I decided to consult a Dream Dictionary online to see what it could mean. Here is what it said:

In general, ghosts symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear. This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. You may be afraid of death and dying. Alternatively, ghosts are representative of something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates a feeling of disconnection from life and society. This dream may be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior. Dreaming that you reach out to touch a ghost, but it disappears indicates that you are taking steps to acknowledging some painful or repressed thoughts even though you are not ready to fully confront them. Seeing the ghost of a living relative or friend in your dream means that you are in danger of malice acts by that person. Seeing the ghost of a dead friend/relative in your dream, suggests guilt and regrets concerning the past relationships with that particular person.

Not sure what to say about that. But in a way it does make some sense.

Even after a restless night it was such a beautiful day outside, it just gave me energy that I needed. It was about 70 outside and sunny for most of the day here. This is seriously unusual for the Washington DC area. I had my sun roof open and had this song (DJ Sammy - Boys of Summer) windows media 9 format playing. I actually started dancing, which is unusual for me since I dance worst then a white boy.

Oh well, might as well enjoy it now since I heard the cold is coming. BLAH!