Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Horror

First of all, wow.. do I got bunch of perverts reading my blog ;)

Second, I saw someone get killed in a car accident this morning on my way to work. A car was flying down the highway I take in the mornings. I'm not sure whether to call it a highway just yet, because I think part of the definition of a highway would mean no traffic lights. But there is construction being done to get rid of all the lights on the road and in it's place are ramps and over passes being made. Well this fool must have been going 80+ in a construction zone. Just as a dump truck was pulling out into the highway from the construction area the person decides he/she is going to change lanes (for the hundredth time) and gets into the same lane that the dump truck was already pulling into. I'm guessing the driver wasn't paying attention to what was ahead as much as what was behind because they were to worried about racing and changing lanes. Well, the driver in the car tried to throw on it's brakes when it noticed the truck, but it was to late. I was close enough to see the car being smashed into pieces and the person being thrown from the broken windshield into the truck. I'm guessing they also didn't put on their seatbelt, and the car didn't have airbags (although it's odd because it was a newer car). I have heard people get the air bags disabled, but I'm not sure why anybody might even think to do that. I'm not sure if that was the case here or not though, just something that came to mind. Luckily no one else was hurt and that we all were driving cautiously at that time. What was left of the body wasn't pretty at all.

This also reminds me when I was growing up I saw a little boy get driven over by a school bus. I was in middle school getting off the bus and walking towards the main entrance like everyone else. As we were walking the buses started pulling away. The boy supposedly dropped something in front if a bus and went to go reach for it. The bus driver (I remember hearing later on) said that the bus was so high up, she had no idea anybody was there. And the bus started moving and the next thing we all see is the boy's guts all over the pavement. It was definitely one of the grossest and saddest things I have seen. Our entire school had therapists come in to talk to everyone that saw it, or knew the boy personally. It was all we talked about for a while. And school policy changed after that point to make sure it would never happen again.