Sunday, July 25, 2004

Music selections - Get some culture

I have an odd taste in music some might say. I pretty much like anything and everything. I think there really isn't a type of music I couldn't find something I couldn't like. In country for instance there are those songs about killing yourself because the neighbors daughter spilled coffee on herself, so you feel bad for her and want to end your own life.... but then, there are really are quality songs out there. I've been very fortunate in my life to experience a very wide music array. The majority of it came from school and learning. Some just stumbling onto a song somewhere like Borders that sounded cool. And the rest through life experiences with friends and family.

Music means the world to me. This may sound strange but I can do a complete 180 with the right song (maybe that's the Gemini in me). I can get from sad to happy... angry to happy... happy to upset.. sad to mad... etc. just by what song I'm listening to. In literally a few moments I can change my attitude on life, with just the right song playing. I really feel almost psycho from this. I mean, if the right person around me wants to change how I feel, all they really have to know is to start playing a song that would help me feel different.

Anyways, before I sound like I need to be locked up I most also say that maybe music is a more powerful thing for me then for some people. Maybe I'm very passionate about it, while others probably wouldn't give a f*uck.

So in any event I bring to you tonight some music selections that sound good to me.. would probably change how I feel at the moment. Maybe you all well think it's crap... but I'm writing this down to share and maybe someone out there will actually like a song or 2 they may have never even heard of before. And surprise surprise... no Alanis or LeAnne on this list, although they may be on another later ;)

I will do more of these lists very soon for those that might enjoy something new and to get ideas. I will warn you though, as stated you are going to find anything and everything on these lists... pop, country, rock, rap, dance, techno, trance, remixes, classical, opera, 80's... you get the idea.

CLICK ON EACH LINK TO HEAR A SAMPLE OF THE SONG (in WMA9 format to save space ).

1) Cafe Del Mar - Ebben (opera with a beat of modern mixed in, VERY COOL!)
2) Atylantos - Bellezza Divina (another opera mixed with modern beats)
3) Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
4) Alphaville - Forever Young 2002 (FAF Mix)
5) Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman - Time to Say Goodbye - Con Te Partiro
6) Basement Jaxx - Rooty - Do Your Thing
7) Brenda Russel - Piano in the Dark
8) Opera Babes - Ode to Joy
9) Everclear - Wonderful
10) Chantel Kreviazuk - Time
11) Paul Van Dyk - Tell Me Why (Vandit Mix)
12) Sherrie' Austin - Back Streets of Heaven
13) Sunscreem - Love you more (one of my favorite groups and songs of all time)
14) Human League - Human
15) Kimberley Locke - 8th World Wonder
16) Mauro Picotto - Proximus (featuring Adiemus) starts out slow, gets fast
17) Delerium - After All

Hope you enjoy this post.

5 Comments:

Now THAT was awesome! You have excellent taste...you get my big, gay two thumbs up!

By Blogger Scottie, at 12:32 AM  

Thanks Scottie. Made my day knowing someone out there enjoyed that post. Do you have a blog? If so, whats the link?

By Blogger Billy, at 7:18 AM  

Hey Billy,

I actually got here through a comment you left on my blog before! It's http://inhibitorylinks.blogspot.com
Feel free to visit as often as you like ;)

By Blogger Scottie, at 6:32 PM  

Everybody Wants To Rule The World was popular before my senior year of high school. Whenever I hear this song I am immediately transported back in time. Their new album is due out in time now.

Alphaville was a great band that more people should have heard of. I like this song better than Rod Stewwart's "Forever Young."

If you have never heard Sarah Brightman's "Dive" album, you should. The whole concept of the album is water and the sea. "Captain Nemo" is how Sarah first came to my attention.

"Piano In The Dark" is a great song. It seems like other people seem to have more success with her songs than she does.

Paul Van Dyk has good taste for choosing Saint Etiene to work with.

Sunscreem is a great band. "Love U More" and "Pressure Us" were great dancefloor fillers back in 1993. I used to play this album and the second one over and over again.

The title of the Human League song is just "Human." Great song from the fall of '86. Have you heard the latest singles: "All I Ever Wanted;" and "Love You Madly?" Awesome!

By Blogger Jef, at 10:58 PM  

Thanks for your input Jef. I'll make a correction to that name in the blog as well.

You sound like you are really into music as well.

The reason some of these songs are on here is because I feel they are pretty good remixes of the songs. The originals are usually great to begin with, but sometimes it's hard to find a good remix.

By Blogger Billy, at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home