Sunday, April 09, 2006

It's about fucking time...

I gave you an update. I'm sitting in the new living room with a smile. It's peaceful here and things just seem nicer. People are much friendlier in this area. They actually stop and say Hi sometimes. That never happens where we were at before. There people are to in a rush, and thinking about how good they look and what more can they acquire. It's a much more simple life out here and I like it.

The move was a major headache and a half. The movers didn't show up when we scheduled. I had to take off an extra day off of work (had already scheduled several for the move). And that was bothering me, going back to a huge pile. Thankfully while we could forget some of the people I work with, others seem like my extended family and helped with my work while I was gone. I really do love some of the people I work with. Some of them are really good people.

So I really don't know what all to tell you. I'm starting to feel comfortable with the new place... it's already starting to be "home". The drive into work is 40 miles each way... yeah that must be hell... but it isn't that bad honestly. I get home sooner then I did living 17 miles from it. And the traffic is almost always moving. While the other ride was congested. In fact, believe it or not I get about the same gas mileage I did before. Since there isn't a lot of stop and go. Now I just wish gas would go down in price ;)

This apartment building is pretty quiet. I haven't heard a peep from the neighbors (except when they are in the hallway). Which is a 180 degree turn from the old place. Which brings me to a shameful thing I did.....

At the old place there was a teenager that often would turn up his music. Enough to where our mirrors and pictures on the wall would shake with the bass. After an hour of throbbing it starts pissing you off. Well I'm not always a good person... I have the pride of having a copy of the key to the circuit breaker area to all the apartments (main circuit). I doubt any body in the building we were in had it (and it's a long story how I got the key). So if the boy got on my last nerve I would head to the building the breakers were in, open up the locked area and push the button to there apartment... and BOOM, there power is out. I would just leave it off long enough to give him the hint that maybe he should find something else to do besides play his loud music. Hopefully I didn't give them all some food poisoning from the fridge and freezer being off ;)

Anyways, I wanted to let you know I'm ok. We both are ok. And pretty happy about being at the new place. It was definately a step in the right direction. Although poor Chuck probably didn't think that once we first moved here. I got pretty bitchy about it. I'm the type of person that hates living out of boxes, while Chuck wouldn't mind it at all. So I did get upset several times about him not unpacking and me doing the work. I just had to get things unpacked. Getting home and seeing boxes all around wasn't helping me enjoy the new place. The majority of the unpacking is done now though, and the only thing that I'm still looking for is my cell phone charger. Hopefully soon I'll find it.

5 Comments:

Mazel tov on the new place.

As for the kid playing the music at the old place, I'd have helped you go flip the switch. Serves him right!

By Blogger Jess, at 9:38 PM  

Hey Billy,

Glad to hear you're getting settled in the new place, and that you like the area.

I know how you feel about not liking to have boxes greet you when you come home. When we moved, the next day I had to leave on a business trip for 5 days. I jokingly told Joe not to bother unpacking while I was gone, since he'd likely put everything in the wrong place. Well, when I came back from the trip, I found everything exactly as I had left it! Oh well... :-)

Loved the story about turning off that little bitch's power!

Hugs,

Mark

By Blogger Mark in DE, at 5:02 PM  

Congrats Billy! It sounds great!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:44 AM  

So happy for you two.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

Hey dude, I am very happy that at least you're a little more settled and things are going great for ya. I guess it is team work to do the unpacking and encourage Chuck to do it in a funny way... you get me? mmm lots of games while unpacking and undressing, he he!!

I love what you did with that guy and his bloody bass. You know, I have done these things too and worst... but that's another stories. Hope to hear from you very very soon!!

Rocco xxxx

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home