Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A New Chapter

Hey all,

Just wanted you to know that a new chapter is about to start in my life. Sorry I haven't written much lately, but it's been because of everything going on in my life. Well after many ups and downs the past week (a down being we didn't get the house we wanted) it's that time to move on. Chuck and I move into our new apartment on Friday. I've been packing for about a week and tomorrow is our last night at the place where it all began.

While Chuck really doesn't care for this area, I have a ton of memories here so I'm definately fond of it. I'll miss the place. But I have to admit I'm excited about what lies ahead. We move to a much nicer, bigger, cheaper apartment in Frederick MD. The apartment is newer, cleaner, and has amenities that our currently place of $300 more doesn't. And I'm only 7 more miles from work. So it seems like the smart choice at the moment. In fact I feel in a slight way I've been ripped off spending so much more for an apartment with so much less. But that is called "location". And while good ol' Fairfax may not seem like the middle of anything special it's well known in these parts to be the rich/snotty suburb of DC. It's where you can find the Tiffany's and Versace. So while that can be nice in some situations, it also can leave a person feeling seperated from "real" life with "real" people.

Also it well be nice to have a place that really is our own. We were living in my friends condo, renting from her. While she is my friend there are things that did get on my nerves being in her place. For one, while we paid rent for the entire place she never seemed to move out. A room full of her items remained behind. This never made it feel like it was completely ours. And the stuff just got in the way. We never could arrange our furniture the way we liked because her couch was taking up a complete wall when we also have a couch of our own. Also things never seemed to be in great working order. The balcony is a serious danger (several boards you could fall threw, when using the microwave the circuit breaker always blows, and the AC is about 50 years old and never completely got cold. I feel like I was wasting money all summer on $180 dollar electric bills to just stay warm since the thing never cooled off the place.

So looking ahead to a clean apartment with new appliances and a clean slate with nothing but our stuff puts a big smile on my face.

So I hope you understand my departure from my blog and life lately... it's been scheduled lately. I'm still alive and well, just keep me in your thoughts and throw some luck our way on moving day to make sure everything goes ok.

12 Comments:

Congrats! Sounds like a fresh start will be good for ya...and we forgie you for the lack of blogging! Just don't let it happen again!

By Blogger Joel, at 12:17 AM  

Ugh. Moving sucks, but the better place makes up for it! Hope it goes smoothly..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 AM  

HI. Came across your blog recently linked from another. Nice site. Good luck to you in your new adventure. Sounds like all the positive aspects this move brings will more than make up for any small inconveniences along the way. From my own experience recently, I can attest that change can be good, especially with a positive attitude towards the future.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 PM  

BEOTCH!!!!
So many good memories of you being the BEST roomie a DYKE can ever ask for.
AS for the shit not working!! Dude you could have told my ass..and I know you didn't cause you are my friend and you probably felt for me....
To those hot summer nights, I will bring you a nice bottle of chilled Asti Spumante on your house warming!!!

As for my shit being in your place...man you know you could use it!! You used the table BEOTCH!!
I am glad though you bared with me...and you must really know I appreciate it meow. I would have not rented to noone else if it was not you, cause I know you looked upon my place as if it was yours.

I feel bad myself departing fron the Fairfax Villa, what we used to call it, cause you know them malakas from FFx think they own the world....She gave me many years of joy with Daniel, with Rachel (wich it turned ugly) with Kevin and you and ultimately the last standing YOU and GABY!
I wish you guys the very best in your new crib and I hope you keep in FUCKING touch!!
Luv ya !!
Meow

By Blogger Meow, at 5:12 PM  

Billy Boy,

Yeah, we've miss your updates, but its certainly understandable with all that's been happening in your life. Can't believe we live(d) so close to each other yet never met. Now you'll be up in Frederick! Watch out for those young rednecks who sometimes appear to be gay!!! LOL

Stay in touch,

Mark

By Blogger Mark in DE, at 6:28 PM  

Hey Billy, I can't believe you've lived sucha nightmare in there...well it wasn't a nightmare but it wasn't comfortable for you. I really appreciate your words and yeah, i take your words about helping me with my website. But first, you focus on your new place, settle with your new stuff, your work and your man, and then you'll have time to sit up with me and help me. I'm patient....not!! but for you, I will. You are really cool and I wanna keep in touch man, so please post me soon and let me know how is all going on your life.

A big hug dude
xxxxxx

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 PM  

Did I say sit up?? what I was thinking of? 'sit down bud, sit down!!' Night xxx

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  

Thats great news Billy, Im happy for you guys!

Stop by my site sometime, havent seen you there in a while!
~Cheers!

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:02 PM  

Great news. Happy times for you both.

Buddy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 AM  

:)

By Blogger Wayne, at 4:39 PM  

HELLO

INTERESTING BLOG

HUGZ FROM BRAZIL

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM  

Okay, give us an update! :)

I hope everything's going well. Moving to a new place can be a very exciting time, but it also can be trying. I hope it isn't too crazy!

By Blogger Jess, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home