Wednesday, March 08, 2006

House/Apt hunting

Man was Sunday a story.. Chuck and I have been house/apartment hunting. We were approved for a house loan about a week ago, but the loan isn't exactly the best one we could probably get. So we are still looking for a better option/loan. In the mean time I'm more then likely either going to transfer my job (which is what I'm really hoping for) or temporary have to quit and look for another job. My job is really getting to me and I need to get out of there to keep my sanity and have a home life. Lately I've been living more at work then at home. And it's really getting to me.

If I get the transfer I put in for then I could be just 5 minutes away from the job when we move and I think the job I would transfer to would be a lot less stressful since it's a small division of our company. I currently work for the IT sector which has about 40,000 employees. The new one I would be going to has 350 employees.

So we put in 3 applications for different apartments we would like to live in, and if we get a better loan then we are very interested in putting a contract on a house.

During this whole process I lost my W2 (which was my proof of SS# since I lost my card) at a grocery store. I panicked cuze it has a lot of personal info on that bitch. We drove around and looked everywhere I had been at to that point that day. I had a gut feeling it was at the grocery store and when we went back there I went to customer service and luckily someone had turned it in.

The people we met were pretty interesting characters. Like the realtor we are working with has 5 children and her husband is handicapped and in a wheel chair. The people who are selling the house we would love to buy were cool. At first when they saw 2 guys trying to buy the place I saw the husband give an interesting look, but whatever he thought maybe faded quickly because he seemed to be a really nice guy.

The highlight of the day was an old house we looked at. Beautiful big house for $190,000. This house belongs in the movies. But I'm talking one of those movies with pyscho killers involved. You walk into the house and immediately see this house has a story to tell. First, it's built around the 1900's. All stone, amazing house and with some work you could turn the place into probably a million dollar home.

Now the thing you first walk into right from the foyer is what the current owners made into a bedroom. Weird I thought.. well it gets MUCH weirder. Right next to that room is a huge room just as big (guessing like 20x20 room) that has a tub in the middle of it, a ceiling fan hanging right above it with a cord attached that reaches down right above the tub, a toilet in the middle of one of the walls and a shower in the corner. Now if only I had pictures so you could see this. It sounds pretty impressive right? Well it wasn't at all. It looked like someone turned in the dinner room into a huge bathroom because they got high one day and thought it would be a great idea. Nothing made sense. The ceiling was falling apart and if you pulled that chain attached to the fan, you could almost see that fan falling into the tub slicing someone's head off or electricuting them!

The place was dark, old, and dirty... needing repair. Oh and get this, the house had NO KITCHEN! None. The closest thing to it was a sink in a room. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a sink on the wall. no cabinets, no appliances... Guess the owners ate out all the time.

Someone who was working on repairing the place looked like they went mental while planning it all out. The place had a new water heater, clothes washer and dryer, heating and cooling, an alarm system... yet the ceiling and floors were falling apart and a bathroom in the middle of no where and no kitchen. Nothing made sense in the house. But it was great! If I were a movie maker I would so see that house in the perfect horror movie or ghost flick.

Anyways, I got more to tell but I'm taking a break and hanging with my pup.

4 Comments:

Sounds like your pretty stressed, I hope it all worksout for you!

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:59 PM  

NICE BLOG

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

Hey buddy, I hope you get the transfer and can live your own life. I really know what you mean!!! When are you gonna write more!! C'mon mate!! I like reading your log, he he!! And if you are an IT person, why don't you help me to build my banner and get an awesome blog like yours... I like the way it moves! Thanks dude

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

Meow dont quit yer job until you get a new one.....But ya know you heard that shit before.

By Blogger Meow, at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home