Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Songs of the moment

Just some songs I can't get out of my head at the moment:

(Click to hear)
Kon Kan - I Beg Your Pardon  (Small tidbit of info on this song - the part that samples "Smile for awhile and lets be jolly...  is actually from a country song by Lynn Anderson called "Rose Garden",  also done by Tammy Wynette)

Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares for Me (Small tidbit - 1987, "My Baby Just Cares for Me" was adopted as the theme for a British television advert for Chanel No 5 perfume, and reached the 5th place on the English pop charts - This song was written in 1928 and sung by Nina in 1959)

Now all I need is someone to call me there baby.

1 Comments:

I like Kon Kan's version of "These Boots Are Made For Walking" too. The second album didn't fare so well. Isn't he part of Thunderpuss now?

By Blogger Jef, at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home